Information We Collect
Information provided by you
The Service requires you to register online. During the registration process, we collect certain information about you and your organization.
Information about you
The information we collect about you may include personal information and contact details such as: name, title or position within the company, email address and phone number as well as identify credentials such as a user name and password.
Information about your organization
The information we may collect about your organization includes data such as: organization name, organization type (e.g. school district or application provider), website and the names of certain applications in use at your organization or licensed and marketed by your organization.
Information collected through your use of the Service
Through the course of your use of the Service, we may collect certain information of your organization that you maintain in certain applications in use at your organization. The type of such information will be dependent on which applications you choose to make access available to the Service and therefore, such information, by your choice, may include student data or personal identifiable information of individuals associated with your organization.
Technical Information collected online by automated means
Our email correspondence with you may utilize third-party email services which may collect information regarding whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect from you to provide, maintain, protect and improve the Service and to communicate with you and your organization.
When you contact us, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our Service and other products or services provided by us, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Disclosure & Sharing of Information
We do not disclose information provided by you about yourself or your organization, except as follows:
With your consent
We may share certain information with users of your organization authorized by you, government entities, companies, organizations or individuals outside of our organization when we have your consent to do so. As an example, though your use of the Service, certain information may be shared with certain of your third-party application providers if you have provided us permission to do so.
For external storage and processing
For legal reasons
We may share certain information with government entities, companies, organizations or individuals outside of our own if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
In the event of a change of control
As part of providing the Service to users, we may share certain non-personal, non-confidential information provided by you about your organization such as organization name, website and applications that you have entered on your Profile in the Integration Console portion of the Service.
Security & Safeguards
The information we collect through the Service is controlled by us and this information is stored and processed in the United States. We take reasonable steps to ensure that information we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current. We work hard to protect ourselves and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we collect, maintain and manage. We employ physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard such information. In particular:
- we utilize TLS for encryption of all data transmission to and from the Service,
- we maintain firewalls to manage all connections from the Internet to the Service,
- we require a two (2) step verification process to claim your Integration Console,
- we review our information collection, storage and processing practices to guard against unauthorized access to our systems,
- you are responsible for keeping your username and password secret. Once you have registered with us, we will never ask you for your password. Please create a unique password for the Service and do not use it for any other web services or applications. Do not share your password with anyone else.
Transparency and Choice
At any time, you may review or change the information in your Integration Console by:
- Logging into your Integration Console and updating your Profile
Following termination of your use of the Service, we may retain certain information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Any student data or personally identifiable data collected through your use of the Service shall be deleted promptly.
Certica Solutions, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
301 Edgewater Place, Suite 110
Wakefield, MA 01880